Winter is here, and with it comes cold weather, rain and snow — in other words, bad driving conditions.
Here are 10 tips to keep you safe and sound on the road this season.
- Create a “Survival Kit.”
- Check weather and road conditions often.
- Keep a safe distance behind snow plows.
- Invest in good winter tires.
- Slow down and give yourself extra travel time.
- Clear snow and ice from your vehicle.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Keep a full gas tank.
- Avoid using cruise control on slippery roads.
- Leave more space between cars.