The Anxiety Disorders Association of Canada reports that 12% of Canadians are affected by anxiety any given year.
There are six main Anxiety Disorder in adults and seven in children/youth. These include Social Anxiety Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Specific Phobia Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Operation Anxiety (in children and youth).
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder you are not alone. The good news is, anxiety disorders are very treatable!
8 Natural Remedies for Anxiety
1. Drink Chamomile Tea: If you are having an anxious moment drink a cup of chamomile tea this may help calm you down.
2. L-theanine or Green Tea: L-theanine which is found in green tea helps curb a rising heart rate and blood pressure. Studies have found that this reduces anxiety.
3. Lemon Balm: Lemon balm extracts helps reduce stress, anxiety and helps with sleep.
4. Exercise: Exercise is good for the brain and a powerful antidote to depression and anxiety, both immediately and in the long term.
5. Lavender: Studies say diffused lavender can help with anxiety.
6. Eat Something: When you are having an anxiety attack, it mean your blood sugar is dropping. The best thing to do is to have a quick sustaining snack.
7. Fish Oil: Fish oil is good for the heart and helps protect against depression and anxiety.
8. Get Hot: Try a sauna or steam room. Studies show heating up your body reduces muscle tension and anxiety.