Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP)
Casual- Peace River/High Level/Fort Vermilion/Grande Prairie
Competition number 040519-03
Advanced Paramedic Ltd. (APL) is a designated Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provider for flight and ground patient transfer, and an Industrial EMS provider to the oil, gas, and natural resources industry. Alberta registered ACPs will provide patient care for transfers on its fixed wing air ambulance operation.
- Assess the extent of injuries or illness to determine medical treatment
- Perform and interpret diagnostic procedures such as monitor vital signs and interpret lab values such as ABG’s, Lytes
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), oxygen, bandaging, splinting, assisting in child birth, and the treatment of trauma patients
- Maintain airways with intubation and surgical airways
- Treat patients requiring ACLS/ PALS interventions
- Provide manual cardiac defibrillation and external pacing
- Initiate, monitor, and maintain blood and blood product transfusions
- Operate sophisticated equipment in advanced life-support ambulances, medevac aircraft or other advanced life support environments
- Administer medications for the treatment of medical conditions and management of acute pain
- Use a spinal immobilization devices and traction splints
- Document and record the nature of injuries and treatment provided
- Ensure emergency fleet vehicles are properly equipped and are fully supplied
- Ability to remain firm, reassuring and efficient in moments of crises
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong desire to help those in need
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- ACP permit
- Willingness to learn and practice Advanced Skills
- Experience managing high acuity and critical patients
- Valid Class 4 driver’s license
- Clean Criminal Record Check
Upon hire, the candidate must provide a record of their current immunizations; acceptable driver’s abstract of the last three (3) years of driving history, a criminal record check with a Vulnerable Sector check along with ACP registration for the current year.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition number 040519-03.
If you have previously applied to APL, please re-apply with the appropriate competition number.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.