Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) or Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Standby Casual- Peace River AB Competition number 052419-08
Advanced Paramedic Ltd. (APL) is a designated Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provider for flight, ground, clinic, and industrial EMS provider. APL is responsible to back fill the Nurse for Mercer International Inc. to provide medical coverage on a standby basis in the clinic for 10 or 12 hour shifts. Rate of pay: $40.00/hr. Travel may be approved for up to 5 hours of pay per leg if applicable. Accommodations may be provided at APL headquarters in Peace River.
- Assess the extent of injuries or illness to determine medical treatment
- Perform and interpret vital signs and cardiac monitoring
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), oxygen, bandaging,splinting, and the treatment of trauma patients
- Maintain airways with intubation and surgical airways
- Treat patients requiring ACLS/ PALS interventions
- Provide manual cardiac defibrillation and external pacing
- Administer medications for the treatment of medical conditions and management of acute pain
- Use a spinal immobilization devices and traction splints
- Document and record the nature of injuries and treatment provided
- Ensure emergency fleet vehicles, clinic room, and medical bags and equipment are properly equipped and arefully supplied
- Ability to remain firm, reassuring and efficient in moments of crises
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong desire to help those in need
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- ACP permit required for Advanced Care Paramedics
- CARNA license required for Registered NursesUpon hire, the candidate must provide a record of their current immunizations; acceptable driver’s abstract of the last three (3) years of driving history, a criminal record check with a Vulnerable Sector check along with ACP registration or CARNA registration for the current year.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, email@example.com quoting competition number 052419-08 .If you have previously applied to APL, please re-apply with the appropriate competition number.We thank all pplicants for their interest in the position, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.