APL is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP)
APL – Flight Division
Full-time Air Medical Crew Flight Position – Peace River Base
Full-time Air Medical Crew Flight Position – Grande Prairie Base
Team Lead Positions
ACPs will provide high quality patient care for transfers on its fixed wing air ambulance operation based in Peace River and Grande Prairie.
APL was created in 1999 and based in Peace River and Edmonton providing high-quality Ground, Air Ambulance, Non-Urgent Patient Transport, and Industrial/Special Event medical services. APL is one of Alberta’s contracted Air Medical Crew providers since 2003 and recently has been selected as the preferred AMC proponent for the Grande Prairie and Peace River Air Ambulance base locations. Our foundation is based upon our corporate Core Values which include: Compassion – Community – Integrity – Professionalism – and Innovation…because people matter. We look forward to you joining our team of highly appreciated professionals!
AMC Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Delivers high quality paramedic care to each patient throughout the transport process,
- Utilizes AHS Critical Care Medical Control Protocols (CCMCPs) to provide high quality patient care,
- Demonstrates cognitive and motor skills necessary to perform paramedic scope of practice policies and procedures in a fixed winged environment,
- Monitors, records, and reports to receiving staff, patient condition and response to interventions,
- Utilizes critical care medical equipment (transport ventilators, IV pumps, ePOC, Propaq Series X, Video laryngoscope),
- Understands flight physiology and application to the sick and injured patient.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of APL safety program, SOP’s, Quality management System, Alcohol Drug medication testing, flight physiology and quality assurance program,
- Has accountability for strong patient care,
- Has the ability to communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing,
- Has the ability to maintain composure under pressure and work efficiently in a dynamic work environment
- Remains cognizant of AHS CCMCPs and AHS general operating principles and business rules associated with the Air Ambulance Program,
- Participates in ongoing safety / operational training and medical in-services,
- Presents a professional image (on and off duty) as a APL employee,
- Maintains a positive team attitude with health care peers, pilots, and communication specialists by working cohesively,
- Can work independently, exhibits explementary work ethic and tolerate high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers
- Current unrestricted ACOP registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- 2 years Emergency Ground Ambulance/1 year ALS Flight experience
- Current AHS MCP training completed (AHS CCMCPs preferred)
- Current CPR, BTLS/ITLS or PHTLS, PALS, and ACLS
- Valid Class 4 driver’s license
The successful candidate must provide a record of their current immunizations; acceptable driver’s abstract of the last three (3) years of driving history, a valid Canadian Passport, and a criminal record check with a Vulnerable Sector check.
The Peace River flight team member will work seven (7) days on/ seven (7) days off 24 hr. core-flex shift rotation model. Grande Prairie shift schedule will work four (4) days on/ four (4) days off 24 hr. core-flex shift rotation. Both of these shift rotation models will remain in line with our comprehensive fatigue management policy. Flight crew accommodations will be provided in both Peace River and Grande Prairie base locations for commuter flight crew members. Relocation to base location is preferred but not mandatory.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Comprehensive Benefit plan – 100% paid by employer
- RRSP employee / employer contribution sharing
- Northern living and shift meal allowance
- Relocation allowance – Peace River Base
APL has a proven track record for providing high-quality patient care. Patient care, employee satisfaction and Health & Safety remains among our highest priorities. If you have the right qualifications, experience and highly motivated to progress as a practicing full scope ACP, we would appreciate hearing from you!
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three business references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quote Competition #ACP-201705 in subject line.
Closing date: May 25, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.