Each year our paramedics respond to numerous emergency calls all over the region. You can help them save a life by following these tips:
- Pull over when you see an ambulance with its emergency lights on.
- If there’s nowhere safe to pull over, keep driving. Paramedics are trained to find a way around you and you should not pull over in a dangerous way. Wait for the next safe spot.
- Make sure your house numbers are well lit and easily visible from the street.
- If it’s night time, make sure your house is lit up if you’re expecting an ambulance.
- Make sure your family is aware of emergency numbers and have them displayed somewhere in your home.
- Learn basic first-aid.