An air ambulance is a small airplane that provides full-service intensive care to patients. Air ambulance is a perfect choice when a patient needs to travel a longer distance (300+ km) to receive medical care.
The following are when an air ambulance may be used:
- To transfer neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) patients
- To transfer patients suffering from respiratory conditions and need ventilators
- To transfer patients with neurological conditions
- To transfer patients with heart conditions
- To transfer obstetric patients requiring intensive care
- To transfer vital organs
- To transfer repatriation (internal) patients
- To transfer patients who need a medical escort on commercial flights
In addition to providing air ambulance services for Alberta Health Services, we provide superior service and competitive pricing to other government bodies, insurance companies, medical tourism coordinators and families.
Call today for a quote!