Did you know that for each hour of regular exercise you get, you’ll gain about two hours of life expectancy, even if you don’t start until middle age? Physical activity and exercise can have immediate and long-term health benefits. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life.
Benefits of Regular Physical Activity:
- Reduced risk of a heart attack
- Lower blood cholesterol levels
- Weight management
- Increased energy levels
- Lowered risk of type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- Feel more relaxed and sleep better
- Lower the risk of osteoporosis
- Helps to manage stress
- Helps counter anxiety and depression
- Improves self-image
Aim for at least 30 minutes a day of physical activity and consult with your doctor first.