Casual- Peace River, High Level/Fort Vermilion, Grande Prairie AB Competition number 061520-39
Advanced Paramedic Ltd. (APL) is a designated provider for flight, ground, clinic, and industrial Emergency Medical Services (EMS). We are currently accepting applications for the following locations: Peace River, High-Level/Fort Vermilion, and Grande Prairie Alberta. Alberta registered ACPs will provide patient care for transfers on its fixed wing air ambulance operation.
- Assess the extent of injuries or illness to determine medical treatment
- Perform and interpret diagnostic procedures such as monitor vital signs and interpret lab values such as ABG’s, Lytes
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), oxygen, bandaging, splinting,assisting in child birth, and the treatment of trauma patients
- Maintain airways with intubation and surgical airways
- Treat patients requiring ACLS/ PALS interventions
- Provide manual cardiac defibrillation and external pacing
- Initiate, monitor, and maintain blood and blood product transfusions
- Operate sophisticated equipment in advanced life-support ambulances, medevac aircraft or other advanced lifesupport environments
- Administer medications for the treatment of medical conditions and management of acute pain
- Use spinal immobilization devices and traction splints
- Document and record the nature of injuries and treatment provided
- Ensure emergency fleet vehicles are properly equipped and are fully supplied
- Ability to remain firm, reassuring and efficient in moments of crises
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong desire to help those in need
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- ACP practice permit
- Willingness to learn and practice Advanced Skills
- Experience managing high acuity and critical patients
- Valid Class 4 driver’s license
- Clean Criminal Record Check
Upon hire, the candidate must provide a record of their current immunizations; acceptable driver’s abstract of the last three (3) years of driving history, a criminal record check with a Vulnerable Sector check along with ACP registration for the current year.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, email@example.com quoting competition number 061520-39.
If you have previously applied to APL, please re-apply with the appropriate competition number. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.